Triton Digital Unveils New Features that Emphasize Social and Mobile Integration for Broadcasters
Technology Solutions Provider Simplifies, Enhances Digital Media Integration for Radio Stations
LOS ANGELES, CA – September 12, 2011 – Triton Digital (www.tritondigital.com), a market leader enabling media companies to manage, measure and monetize their content digitally, today announced a number of enhancements to its applications and services portfolio aimed at expanding radio stations’ abilities to capture audiences across social media and mobile devices.
New features include:
- UGC Contesting – Triton’s new Digital Ivy contesting platform is centered on user-generated content (UGC) contesting. Digital Ivy will simplify deployment of UGC contests that can simultaneously be published as microsites (enabling stations to build free-standing contests for advertisers), embedded on a station’s site and in its Facebook application. Digital Ivy will initially be released as part of Triton's StickyFish platform and then as a standalone contesting service for any client.
- Enhanced Social Media Integration – New consumer login and integrated social publishing functionality makes it easier for consumers to enroll in the stations loyalty programs using their existing Facebook credentials and easier for FLEX clients to simultaneously publish content to their websites and popular social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and more. In addition, it is now easier for stations to track how many listeners are engaged with their programs and social media.
- Mobile Marketing and Loyalty Club Registration – There are over four billion mobile phones in use today, making mobile registration key to a successful loyalty campaign. Triton now enables listeners to register for their favorite station’s loyalty club from any web enabled phone, such as iPhone and Droid devices. Listeners can be recruited to the mobile registration via street team promotions and a powerful new addition to Triton's SMS texting platform (MXM).
- Gamification – Triton’s Social Engagement Engine (SEE) enables stations to drive increased engagement by allowing listeners to “level-up” by performing client-defined actions that occur anywhere across their digital enterprise (including website and mobile applications). As listeners level-up and increase their status, they unlock awards that can be published to Facebook and used to access gated content, enter into exclusive contests and much more. Better yet, listeners are ranked in a leaderboard widget which creates a social competition to achieve the highest status and broadest access and rewards. Triton's SEE has already been enabled for all StickyFish clients and will soon be available to non-StickyFish clients to enable similar functionality on any website as an easy-to-use set of widgets and APIs.
- QR Code Registration and Contesting – With the new “Scan and Win” module in StickyFish (Triton's points-based loyalty program), broadcasters can use QR codes to create unique and exciting mobile promotions and contests. Whether creating a digital scavenger hunt for points or simply incorporating a promotion with retail signage, radio stations can grow audiences by leveraging QR code technology.
Many of these innovations are already yielding results.
“Using Triton’s QR code contesting feature allows us to extend our contesting capabilities online and drive promotional awareness without using man hours on the streets,” said Patrick Diab, Digital Sales Manager and Content Director at Clear Channel Online. “It allows us to dip our toes in the smartphone pool of users who appreciate innovative ways to communicate with their favorite radio stations.”
“Broadcasters are increasingly recognizing the importance of engaging with their digital-savvy audiences on Facebook, Twitter and mobile devices,” said Chris Bell, President of Triton Digital Applications and Services. “We know that by providing a simple solution for integrating social and mobile elements, radio stations will have more time to focus on their core competency – creating great content.”
About Triton Digital
Triton Digital is the leading digital service provider to traditional and online radio with a rapidly expanding roster of media clients emerging from the television and print space. Our infrastructure, applications, and innovation are powering digital audience and revenue growth for clients around the globe. Our platform makes digital content extensible, personal, social, and profitable. Triton Digital is a portfolio company of funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., a leading global investment management firm.
For more information, press only: