International Podcast Day – A Year in Review
Thursday, Sept. 30, is International Podcast Day.
To give an idea of the health of podcasting, Triton Digital has pulled some interesting metrics that demonstrate the growth of the podcast industry since last year’s celebrations.
Since Sept. 30, 2020:
- Triton served over 4 billion downloads in more than 80 countries around the world.
- The U.S. accounted for 60% of all those downloads, holding the top spot over every other country.
- However, Iran saw the most significant growth in podcast downloads – by 3500% – followed by Turkey at 552%, then India at 524%.
- A total of 85 countries saw growth in the number of podcast downloads.
- In terms of categories, the most popular Omny-hosted content is news at 22%, followed closely by comedy, together with society and culture, at 21%.
- Categories with the most significant advertising spend include sports (18%), news and politics (14%) and hobbies and interests (13%).
- There was a 37.2% increase in listeners who listened to podcasts via smart speakers.
- Most podcast listeners – 88.38% – tuned in through mobile devices.
It will be interesting to see how those metrics change come International Podcast Day 2022.
To read the full article, visit https://www.redtech.pro/celebrating-international-podcast-day-with-healthy-data/